Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Back to basics





Forever 21 button-down // Citizens of Humanity jeans // Vintage leather jacket // Frye boots // Calvin Klein hat // 

There's something so easy and effortless about a classic button-down shirt. Alexander Wang showed us a more unconventional way to wear a cotton button-down (or shall I say button-undone) in his Spring 2014 RTW collection. However, since I, as well as many others, am not quiet ready to show off my post-holiday midriff yet, I decided to go for a more conventional/conservative look by pairing it with my favorite Citizens of Humanity jeans and a leather bomber I snatched for $12 at a thrift store. I'm normally not a huge fan of polka-dots, but as I sorted through the racks at Forever 21 this shirt screamed, "Please, bring me home with you!" The lightness of the shirt is perfect for the approaching spring weather and I can't wait to pair it with a high-waisted leather pencil skirt for a more "on-duty" look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment